The Deciem Chatroom on Instagram announced a challenge at the weekend to wear just eye makeup for five days! The point being allowing your skin to be seen! We are all so hooked on skincare and trying to make our skin look and feel better but many of us still hide it behind layers of makeup. I am not saying there’s anything wrong with that, one of the reasons that I love what I do as a job being a Makeup Artist is what makeup can do not only in how you look but also in how you feel. Even the smallest amount of makeup can give you confidence. I also think that your skin should be given a break from makeup too, and when it is worn, proper makeup removal is essential to prevent the skin from clogging up, breaking out, drying out etc.
Anyway! Back to the challenge! I thought I would blog about the challenge from a skincare perspective too and not only show you what look I’ve worn that day but also my AM and PM skincare routine. If you want to see timelapse videos of me getting ready, check out my Facebook page Beauty and The Ballroom or on my Insta-stories Beauty and The Ballroom.
My AM skincare routine:
- Oskia Renaissance cleansing gel
- Oskia Renaissance Mask
- NIOD Superoxide Dismutase Saccharide Mist (SDSM)
- BalanceMe Wonder Eye Cream (Gifted)
- Antipodes Worship Skin Defence Antioxidant Serum (Gifted)
- Clinique Moisture Surge with Fresh Pressed Vitamin C drops mixed in
- Heliocare Fluid Cream SPF50
- Rosie for Autograph Eyeshadow Stick (Gifted)
- Stila Eyeliner pencil (Gifted)
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wizz
- Benefit Browvow
- Hourglass Caution Extreme Lash Mascara
- Clinique High Lengths Mascara
- Herbivore Lip Balm
My PM Skincare Routine:
- Enjo Eye pads (Gifted)
- Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
- Heaven Cleanse & Foam Wash
- Pixi Retinol Tonic
- Pixi Rose Tonic
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating eye cream
- May Lindstrom Blue Cocoon
So that’s day 1 of the challenge complete with SPF being the only thing on my skin at the end of my skincare routine. Are you taking part? Head to Deceim Chatroom on Instagram and use the hashtag #deceimchatroomchallenge to take part.
Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think in the comments box below or on my facebook page. Check out my social media….links below
Disclaimer: Some items in this post were gifted for review. All opinions expressed are my own and it was my choice to add links to any websites throughout this post. Any website links included are not affiliate links and I will not earn commission through you using any link in this post. This post is not an advert for any brand and as such am not being paid to list their products in this post. Any gifted items are marked as (gifted) where applicable).