The M&S Beauty Advent calendar from 2016 was a real hit it seems from speaking to people I know who had it, watching YouTube reviews on it and reading blogs.
My opinion is the same as those I have read….there were some great products and it was certainly value for money overall.
I thought I would post an update on products that I was impressed by and that I am still using and ones I am not….for whatever reason. If you would like more information on any of these products, click on the name and it will take you to the blog that I wrote on the day I received them.
- Bee Lovely Hand Cream – This is a gorgeous hand cream that smells devine! I am definitely still using this and would buy this again.
- Rodial Super Acids X-treme Acid Rush Peel – After the first use I was hooked on this. I don’t use this kind of treatment often but this is still in my bathroom organiser and I am still using it. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and clean, I would buy this again.
- Filorga Time Filler – Hmmm, I did like this when I first used it, but in honesty, as much as it is a lovely product in terms of application, scent, the feel on the skin etc, I just haven’t continued to use it. No specific reason other than it’s become one of those products that’s tried and sat waiting to be picked up again! I will give this another go as it is only now I am writing this that I’m thinking I should!
- Pixi by Petra Brow Tamer Gel – Simple, yes, it works, it tames brows, I’m still using it and would buy it again!
- Josh Wood Guardian of Hair Colour oil – I haven’t used this again since testing it for my initial thoughts but I will be using it when my current hair oil runs out so that’s no been written off…it’s just being saved for when I need it 🙂
- Eyeko Skinny Liquid Liner – I’m going to be honest (otherwise what’s the point in blogging??), I liked it initially, but I have actually thrown this away! I know that is a waste but I am not going to use it (and as it is an eye product I will not give it away now it’s been used). Unfortunately it didn’t last on my lids and did print into the crease of my eye so I gave up with it!
- UltraSun Face SPF30 – Love it, Love it, Love it….non greasy, absorbs quickly, doesn’t interfere with makeup, no harsh sun cream smell, paraben free, great! Yes still using and yes will buy again!
- Alpha-H Liquid Gold – I love this, I was looking forward to trying it and it didn’t disappoint! It leaves my skin so soft and doesn’t feel like I’ve used anything harsh on my skin at all! As with the Rodial Peel, I don’t use it often but it’s one of my ‘treats’ for my skin so yes it is still being used but I think it will last me a while! I will re-purchase!
- Autograph Cranberry Nail Colour – Fab colour and still using!
- Nails Inc. Gel One Coat – As above, fab colour and still using!
- Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm – I have used this a couple of times now and I do like it but I wouldn’t necessarily rave about it. It’s a handy little travel pot so I would take this away as a cleanser when I’m away but at home I have the products that I like already so this isn’t being used regularly. That said, it is a lovely cleanser and am happy to still use it when I remember it’s there!
- LGFB Face makeup brush – Of course I’m still using this! It’s a gorgeous brush!
- Skyn Icelandic Relief Eye Cream – nope, sorry, I wanted to like this but I just couldn’t get on with it at all! I’m not saying this is a bad product or doesn’t deliver on claims, but the texture was weird and I couldn’t manage to apply it without dropping little bits of it all over the place! I seemed to need to scrape quite a bit out of the pot, warm it up in my hands then apply it…I felt this wasted a lot of product therefore I wouldn’t buy it.
- Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse Multi Purpose Dry oil – this is a lovely oil to use after a shower, I am still using this 🙂
- Rosie for Autograph’s Lip Glossy in Supermodel Smile – I use this a lot and love it. The colour is subtle and quite sheer but it’s a very pretty shade!
- Philip Kingsley Elasticizer – I do like this, my hair feels really soft when I’ve added this in before shampooing so I would buy this again.
- Ren Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream – I actually still haven’t used this product so I will review when I do but it’s not something I was in a hurry to try.
- RITUALS, The Ritual of Sakura body lotion – I need to replace this as I’ve used all of it! I have been using it as soon as I get out of the shower before I dry my skin and it’s lovely. The scent is not over-powering and my skin feels soft. I would recommend this and I will be buying this again.
- Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm – I mentioned in my blog on the day that I got this that I have used this before and intended to re-purchase but never got around to doing so. I think it does speed up drying time and my hair feels lovely and soft once it’s dry. Highly recommended!
- Formula Absolute Ultimate Sleep Cream – I LOVE THIS! I have pretty much used this up and without a doubt will be buying this. I have never really been strict with using a night time moisturiser as I’ve never really felt my skin needs it. This cream however is amazing on my skin. The smell of it is lovely and it feels like a really luxuriously soft cream which I have never been a fan of but it absorbs well into my skin, sits fine with the rest of my skin care and my face feels lovely the next morning. It has become a staple in my routine!
- PUR Correcting Primer – great primer for my skin type which is Oily/Combination. I am still using this. I am not sure about re-purchasing but not as a reflection of the product, just a reflection of my fussiness with primers and I do favour another brand. It is a decent primer though!
- Leighton Denny Glass Nail File – There’s not much to say about this other than it did convert me into believing I can use a glass nail file without feeling like I am dragging my nails down a terracotta pot!! I am still using this and can recommend it!
- Studio 10 Miracle Effect Serum – This unfortunately has fallen into that ‘it’s sat in the draw’ section. I used it to test it for my initial thoughts and I wasn’t blown away by it. The claims of a noticeable difference within 15 minutes, for me, failed. The only thing I noticed is that I hadn’t noticed a difference!!! Haha! I’m not sure what else to say…I think because I didn’t get that initial reaction I just haven’t bothered going back to it.
- Burts Bees Lip Balm – I was initially really impressed with this but to be honest I have given up with this – I think it may even be in the bin! My lips are really dry during the winter months and there are not many lip balms that I find help. The consistency of this lip balm seemed too solid and therefore as I applied it, it felt like it was dragging my lips rather than moisturising them. It’s a shame as I thought this was a good product. It’s just not for me!
- Shay & Blue Atropa Belladonna perfume spray – I really like this perfume – it has a fresh, fruity and floral scent, quite a summery fragrance. Great sample size too!
There you have it – overall I was highly impressed with the contents of the calendar and next year, although I had my eyes on other calendars, I think this one will be one I will head for!
Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think in the comments box below or on my facebook page. Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook…links below xx