Today’s Advent treat is a little odd for want of a better description. When I first opened the box, I thought Oooh eye cream! I’ll have some of that! I then opened it....
Skin Icelandic Relief Eye Cream……..I did think to begin with that perhaps it had congealed in the container and decided to check out some youtube reviews, to find that is what this product is like! To touch, it is more like a spongey texture that you need to almost dig out of the pot. Very strange for an eye cream.
Details from the M&S website:
- Contains skyn ICELAND’s proprietary Biospheric complex of pure Icelandic glacial waters, arctic berries and pure oxygen
- Flavagrum helps increase circulation to lighten dark under-eye circles
- Rice peptides help preserve collagen and elastin to reduce the signs of aging
- Orange peel helps reduce puffiness
- Cotton powder acts as a light-diffuser to brighten the entire eye area
- Great under-makeup primer
I tried some under my eyes but in honesty, it didn’t feel like an eye cream usually would. It smells lovely and does sink into the skin quickly, but I think that’s where my preference for more of a gel texture kicks in. I will continue to use it as I am undecided whether I like it, but I think the claims deserve a chance, given I have this sample of it, I will continue to use it. Perhaps a new year blog is in order as a post-advent review of products I’ve continued to use 🙂
Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think in the comments box below or on my facebook page. Follow me on Instagram: beautyandtheballroom and Twitter: @Mazzo7, or look me up on Facebook and like my page….Beauty and The Ballroom xx